Monday, December 22, 2014

Blogger - Blogging - Blog

Road - RO-ad - Rooooad

Blog. It's a funny word - right?

But here I am. Trying my hand. Putting my thoughts down on the inter-webs.

So many times, I have thoughts that I think would make a really great, but super long Facebook post. 

...You guys do that, right?? Where you're driving and you're thinking and you're like... 

"I should TOTES write that on Facebook - then all of my Facebook friends will think I am SOOOO smart!"

Right??!! 

...Or am I the only one...

Either way, blogging is today's version of a public diary... a place to articulate thoughts. To share concerns. To encourage and to connect. 

And that's where I'm at. Somewhere between Facebook and a real book.

I hope my (sometimes crazy) ramblings don't scare you away. 

I hope they make you lean in closer. 

Because I want to hear your voice too. 

I want to know what makes you sad, 
what brings you joy,
what makes you scared, 
what has helped you get past that hurdle you were struggling with.

I want to know you. 

Because then, and only then, can an online conversation begin to be authentic. 

There's no hiding behind a screen here.

... I mean... 

I do have SOME boundaries people. TMI is TMI no matter what the platform... 

But 

real, 
authentic, 
genuine, 
honest.

These are all important words to me. 

So, yay! 

Let the fun begin!!




No comments:

Post a Comment